Matrox VS4’s powerful recording capabilities let you record up to four channels simultaneously using the VS4Recorder stand-alone recording application. Matrox VS4 can also be used to create video streaming productions with Telestream Wirecast and StudioCoast vMix.
Capture up to four HD video streams
Matrox VS4 lets you take advantage of professional broadcast video and audio sources for the utmost quality in your internet productions. Using a single PCIe slot, Matrox VS4 provides up to four independent HD inputs with up to eight embedded audio channels per source, taking up an absolute minimum of real estate in your PC.
A trial version of the VS4Recorder Pro software is included with the Matrox VS4 which records up to four live video feeds. It is the ideal solution for recording live multi-camera productions such as concerts and sporting events, and repurposing and archiving video assets. A full version of VS4Recorder Pro can be purchased at any time.
Easy-to-use ISO recording
Recording all your video feeds is as important as streaming if post-event editing is required. The Matrox VS4 not only sends your video feeds to Wirecast for streaming, it simultaneously records up to four of your original video feeds to disk. The easy-to-use Matrox ISO camera recording tool lets you record using the high-quality Matrox MPEG 2 I-Frame codec at up to 300Mb/s as well as DV, DVCPRO®, DVCPRO50 and DVCPRO HD® QuickTime files for use with popular editing apps from Adobe®, Apple® and Avid®.
Quad HD capture and ISO recording card for leading streaming production software
Create video streaming productions that are visually striking and grab your audience’s attention. The combination of Matrox VS4 and Telestream Wirecast or StudioCoast vMix for Windows lets you switch or mix multiple live video feeds and pre-recorded clips while adding graphics and effects. This solution is ideal for internet broadcasts of sports, religious services, corporate meetings and other live events. Matrox provides ISO recording for Telestream Wirecast through a Matrox plug-in and also offers vMix MultiCoder Matrox VFW codecs for ISO recording.
Supported video formats
- 720P 50/59.94
- 1080I 50/59.94
- 1080P 23.98/24/25/29.97/30
- 1080PsF 23.98/24/25/29.97/30
- 4 SD or HD input
- 8 channels of embedded audio
- Compliant with SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 272M,SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 299M
- BNC connector (75 Ω), terminated
- Equalized input for maximum cable length support
SDI audio input
- 8 channels of embedded audio
- 24-bit, 48 kHz
StreamingTelestream Wirecast Studio and Wirecast ProRecordingMulti-cam recording with Matrox VS4Recorder Pro application
Direct capture integration with Telestream Wirecast softwareMulti-cam editingReal time multi-cam editing using Matrox VS4, Mojito 4K, Mojito Max or the MXO2 family of products with Adobe Premiere CC
- ¾ length PCI Express (x8) card
- L: 23.2 cm (9.125″) × W: 10.7 cm (4.2″)
- Overall thickness including components 1.9 cm (0.75″)
- FCC Class A, CE Mark Class A, ACMA Class A
- RoHS Directive 2002/95/EC
Limited warranty and service3-year limited warranty with free telephone support
Electrical and Operating Requirements
PowerTotal power consumption: 23.0 wattsEnvironmental
- Operating temperature: 0 to 55º C (32 to 131º F)
- Storage temperature: -40 to 75º C (-40 to 167º F)
- Maximum altitude for operation: 3,000 meters
- Maximum altitude for transport: 12,000 meters
- Operating humidity: 20 to 80% relative humidity (non-condensing)
- Storage humidity: 5 to 95% relative humidity (non-condensing)
In the box
- Matrox VS4